Money Saver Monday - Infused Waters

Lately I have noticed my water intake is not where it should be. For weight loss I like to get in half my body weight in ounces of water. So if you weight 150 lb typically you need to drink 75 ounces of water a day. But this is different for all people, but be sure to get in at least the recommended 8-8oz cups of water daily, no matter your weight.

Part of my problem is I'm bored with water. I live off coffee at work to keep me going and that just isn't healthy. So I'm trying to spice things up a little and maybe loss the craving for the soda. I rarely drink a soda anyways, but here lately I've wanted something with a lot of flavor in it.

So there are a ton of infused waters on the market right now. I think Hint and Dasani may be the most popular ones on the market right now but they average $1.40 a bottle. That can add up and become quite pricey if you're drinking them multiple times a day. There are some easy ways you can have even better fruit infused water at home.

I bought a 2-pack water pitcher infuser at Costco or Sam's last year and now I can make any type of infused water I want. I have also just thrown fruit and chia seeds into a mason jar with water. (You need to let this sit over night so the chia seeds aren't super crunchy when you drink them, unless you like that kind of thing. :))



You can really be as creative as you want with this. This about your favorite drink and see if there is a way to recreate it. Most of the time, this will be yes. I like to think about the fruity sodas that are on the market these days or the drinks I used to get a Sonic. My favorite was the Cherry Limeade and so I started putting lime in the infuser. Now I just throw any fruit or berries I have in it that I think may need to get used in the next couple of days. (Side note: This is typically how all the cooking in my house goes these days)

Here are some of my favorites to give you an idea to get started.

Sassy Water (I have a whole post here)
Cucumber
Lemon
Lime
Ginger Root
Mint



Strawberry Mojito
Lime
Strawberry
Mint

Berry Medley
Blueberry
Strawberry
Blackberry
Raspberry (if you're into that....I am not. But that's a whole different topic :) )

Cherry Limeade
Cherry
Lime

Strawberry Lemonade
Strawberry
Lemon

Berry Lemonade
Strawberry
Blueberry
Lemon



I will say that the limes I have been getting have been very juicy and I have only needed one lime in the waters or its too overpowering of a flavor. Lemons I typically use two.

Pinterest is another great source of inspiration for infused waters. There are a ton of blog posts on the topic and some really creative ideas. Have fun! That's how I like to look at cooking and my food in general. If it's boring you won't want to eat it and there are great ways to make food fun and HEALTHY.

Let me know in the comments or on other social media what your favorite infused waters are.

Until next time! xo

Comments