Sassy Water

We all know how important water is to our health. I personally like the taste of water but some don't. I love the taste of well water but since moving to the city some days our water tastes a little like chlorine and those are the days that I veer from my healthy ways and head for the drink machine, or end up dehydrating myself...neither option is good.

Water is a key element to your weight loss- and daily health.
1. Water naturally suppresses your appetite
2. Water helps your digestive system work properly and detoxifies the body
3. Water intake directly affects energy levels
      -So if you're feeling tired go for water instead of that high calorie coffee drink
4. Drinking water can boost your metabolism
5. Water helps fight food cravings
      -So when a food craving hits and you want to make a run to vending machine, try a glass of water first. See if you're really just need some water.

For those of your that don't like the taste of water, there are options!

1. Low calorie drink mixes
2. Flavored water products
3. Infused water- and that's what this post is on!




Sassy Water

Lemon
Lime
Ginger
Cucumber
Mint

It's all by taste, so no specific measurements.

 Today I used:
1/2 a cucumber
1 small lime (I don't like the lime all that much)
1 lemon
5 slices of ginger
7-8 Spearmint leaves








I actually got to use leaves off my plant this time! First time I have used my herbs since we got them!


I use an infuser that my Mom found at Costco, I can't remember the brand, but it comes with two pitchers and one infuser insert.

Just slice each of the ingredients and add it to the infuser. You can even make it look pretty and patterned if you like.


Let it sit in the refrigerator for a couple hours and voila- infused water that is great for you!

Lemon: immune booster and liver cleanser
Lime: digestion, skin care, relief of constipation, weight loss
Ginger: digestive aid, soothes nausea, anti-inflammatory
Cucumber: great source of B12- energy booster, hydrating, aids in digestion
Mint: helps with nasal congestion, aids in digestion

So what could be wrong with this? Play with the amount of the ingredients and see what combination you like best. Another good thing about the infuser is if something is too strong then you can take out the fruit and put in more of the things your like. Or you can water, which I did a couple times to dilute it.

Let me know your favorite infused water recipes!

Until next time! xo

Comments