PB2

PB2 is made from slow roasted peanuts that are pressed to remove the oil. It has 85% less fat calories than regular peanut. And even though it is powdered you can reconstitute it with water to give it the same great taste. It is slightly less sweeter and creamy than regular peanut butter but it a good substitute.  And there is a PB2 chocolate!


With it being a powder, it mixes great into protein shakes or yogurt. Both of which I did today because I'm obsessed at the current moment.

I started off the afternoon with a smoothie to keep me going during shopping, also so I wouldn't be tempted to buy junk food.


Ingredients:
1 scoop Doterra Vanilla Protein Powder
1 Tbsp PB2
a splash of chocolate extract - I would say it was maybe a tsp (not gonna lie I didn't measure)
1 cup water

Shake and serve! Easy as that and it was so good. I think I used more than a cup of water because it was more of a protein drink instead of smoothie, but it was very good! Very peanuty with a hint of chocolate.

You could also fix in a blender with ice for more of a smoothie consistency.

And like I said, I'm obsessed, so I fixed a little frozen yogurt for dessert tonight! Addictive personality much?


Ingredients
5 oz of fat free plain greek yogurt
1 Tbsp PB2 chocolate
1/2 packet of Truvia
1/4 tsp chocolate extract (optional)

Mix all ingredients together and freeze for a couple hours. Quick and easy 68 calorie high protein dessert!

PB2 can be a little difficult to find. Most GNC, Kroger, and Whole Foods carry it. Certain Trader Joe's carry it, although mine does not. Other health food stores may be a good place to look, but you can buy it online here as well.

Hope you enjoy these two quick recipes. Let me know what your favorite PB2 recipe is!

Until next time! xo

Comments