Buffalo Chicken Quinoa

So I never liked Buffalo Chicken stuff until about a year and half ago... maybe even just a year. But here recently I can't get enough. For the most part Buffalo Chicken isn't all that healthy; either sauce pour over fried chicken or in a dip with lots of added fat and calories from cream cheese. There are low fat/calorie recipes out there and I'll post mine later. It's great for a special occasion like Girl's Night but on the everyday night I've got this protein packed dinner that you will love!

I know you read my post about Quinoa and all about it's greatness... No? OK. Well here it is. Go read :) So I've been craving quinoa for a couple days but never got home time, decided to eat something else. Then I saw on Pinterest Buffalo Chicken Quinoa salad. And that got my roommate and I thinking.  I'm pretty impressed with us; we just mixed four ingredients together and hoped for the best.

Buffalo Chicken Quinoa

Ingredients:
3 chicken breast (If you want left overs for lunch) Or more depending on how many you want to feed
1 cup quinoa
1 Ranch dressing mix packet
1/2 cup buffalo sauce (We used the food lion brand, but any will work)
mozzarella cheese
2 cloves garlic, pressed

Rinse your quinoa! This is a very important step, it helps reduce the bitter taste by knocking off the shells. Toast the quinoa in the pan until some start turning golden. (this step you will only see if you use the white quinoa, but they will also start to smell toasty and good)

Once its toasted, add 2 cups and water and the packet of Ranch seasoning. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and cover. Quinoa is ready when there is no one water in the pot, about 15 minutes.


While that is cooking we popped our chicken that we cut into bite size pieces into a pan and sautéed with two cloves of garlic.


Once that is cooked pull the chicken apart if you want and add the buffalo sauce. Let it simmer like this for awhile to let the chicken soak up all the flavor. We also topped with mozzarella cheese.


Once the quinoa is finished, you can either mix it all together and heat through or you can served the chicken over quinoa. We picked the latter option so we could tell how much of each thing we were getting. I stirred all mine up though once it was on the plate :) It's all going to the same place right.


There ya have it! Fairly quick, very easy meal! And oh so tasty :) Let me know you're favorite Buffalo Chicken recipes, I always love trying out new ones.

Until next time! xo

Comments