Travel Bug

I have got the travel bug...bad! I am itching to go somewhere new like now! But since that is not an option at the moment, maybe next year, I FINALLY got around to creating my map wall. I decided that I really didn't love the decorations I had over my headboard. SO  I decided that I wanted my map to go over my bed!


I'm not done with it quite yet, I want to add an old distressed wooden plank to top with 'oh the places you'll go' painted on it in the color that I have in my bathroom to tie the two rooms together.

I saw the idea for the frames on each side on Pinterest. This is one of the Pinterest Projects on my list. I'll be putting an updated version of the list up soon, if not right after this. But anyways, the frames have money from different countries that I've been to and some that my Dad brought back for me since I've tried collecting old coins and foreign money since I was a kid. In the paper money frame there is Afghanis, Pounds, and Euros. I'll have to add another frame if I travel anywhere else since it is already full. 


And in the coin frame there is Euro, Pound, Canadian, Franc, and old US money. 


So as you can see I have a lot of room to continue to add coins too :) Another reason to pick up and go!
I actually found a really old piece when I was going through them. A coin from 1891!


So I'm really happy with this as a headboard and I really can't wait to add dots and money to each of the frames, and eventually add more frames around it!

*********************************************

On another note, I have a few things other things to add in. I started an herb garden! And I am so excited about it! I have parsley, thyme, cilantro, basil, and garlic!


This is week 1 compared to week 3  Can't wait for it to keep going! Can't lie though, other than the garlic, I have no clue what each of the other herbs are. I guess I'll figure it out once they really get big. ;) 

And one last thing is the Sunday phone dump since I haven't done one in a while.


Until next time! xoxo

Comments