Date Night- Cooking Together

I love cooking for someone that I'm dating; I think it's actually one of my favorite things. I know I really like the guy if I want to invite him over for me to cook for him because if it's horrible then there is a lot to lose but if he enjoys the meal, it makes me so happy.

There is one thing I enjoy more than cooking for someone; it's sharing the kitchen with someone I care about. I don't believe in too many cooks in the kitchen. I grew up in family that cooks a lot and all together. The first picture I have of me in the kitchen I was so small I couldn't even reach the counter and stood on a step stool to help my Aunt roll out biscuits. I was as much of a mess as I am now; some things never change. :)

Cooking together is always fun, you get to talk, work together, and can even enjoy a drink while you work. This week we fixed spaghetti squash and turkey meatballs.


Ingredients:
Spaghetti Squash
1 lb lean ground turkey
green bell pepper
1 zuchinni
1 red onion
Marinara
1 egg
Italian bread crumbs
Parmesan cheese

Go ahead and fix your spaghetti squash any way you like. Here is a link to how I fix mine.


Sautee your veggies until onion is translucent and mushrooms begin to breakdown. Once that happens add in the marinara.

While the veggies are cooking, go ahead and add turkey, egg, bread crumbs and parmesan cheese to a bowl.


As you can probably tell, we like cheese. Go ahead and mix this by hand until they can be formed into balls.


Go ahead and place this into the oven with the spaghetti squash. Just make sure your oven racks are in so you can fit two pans in comfortably... we learned from experience. Just trust us. :)

Once the meatballs and squash are done add those to the pan with the sauce.


Once you mix everything together you are good and ready to serve it up! We served it with a side salad with spinach, strawberries, mozzarella cheese topped with pomegranate balsamic dressing.



We paired our meal with a tasting glass of Pinot Grigio for the salad and Silver Coast Cab Sauv from our wine tasting the week before! This is another great date idea, but I forgot to take pictures so I'll have to go back and get pictures to do that post :) Not a bad thing to have to go back to a wine tasting.

Let me know what you like to cook with your significant other! Leave me ideas in the comment section or find me and tag me on instagram. @amhunter0626

Until next time! xo

Comments