Spaghetti Squash

I have been so intrigued to try Spaghetti Squash for so long! And I finally found one and got up the nerve try it. I got home from the gym and began fixing dinner and dessert (energy bites) while I waited for a friend to get here with the rest of dinner.

Start out by preheating the oven to 375. Cut the squash in half and take out all the seeds. This was my least favorite part because it smelled and felt like a pumpkin when you take all the seeds out.



 Place the squash with the skin side up and coat the skin with olive oil.


Next roast the squash for about 45 minutes to an hour depending on your oven. Once you pull the squash out it will be a little brown in areas. Let to cool enough to handle and then take a fork and begin scraping the meat out. 



It will come out in noodle like strings. Continue until all meat is out of the squash. Then you can top with a sauce or chicken or whatever! I tried a little piece without anything on it and its pretty bland and will probably be good with anything you what to top it with.

I'm looking forward to lunch tomorrow, Alfredo Spaghetti Squash....yum!

Hope this helps and you aren't too nervous to try this. It really was very easy.

Until next time!

Comments