"Do I Really Need To Hire a Videographer"

When I started my wedding planning process I honestly thought that I would not hire a videographer.  I knew weddings were expensive and I thought it was an expense I could save on. Which is a very valid statement but once we found a videographer we fell in love with we decided it needed to fit in our budget. We did a few DIY projects and owning a bakery that also has beer and wine was a huge bonus for our budget.

There are plenty of reason to hire and not to hire a videographer but I'm only going to highlight the reasons TO HIRE. Seriously, do it.

Our photographers were amazing, but what's captured in pictures can't always tell the full story.




What it looks like: A laugh between a happy couple 
What actually happened: Just that; but there's so much more. I had just finished saying my vows and surprised Mason by recording our wedding song and "singing" it to him at our wedding. He made a comment soon after we got engaged that I never sang for him so that started an idea, and I had just the perfect people to help make the surprise a reality. More on this later. I also made it my mission to make him cry during our ceremony. This sounds mean, but we joked about who would cry and even if I did, I really wanted him to since really he's a big romantic. But I digress... my vows were of course sentimental, that's me to tee. Mason trying to find a little comic relief after crying during the song, yep I made him cry, said "Hang on a minute, I need to google something." It worked and everyone was laughing.

  • Vows and speeches can be replayed for years to come! 


In the short and long videos that were made for social media purposes my MOH's speech closes out the video and has a few highlights throughout. I didn't tell her it wrapped up the video and she cried when she got to it. But let's be honest, she cried more than anyone at our wedding. Hence the tissue in her hand. See above 👆🏼
One of the Best Men is seriously one of the funniest people I know. I couldn't wait to hear his speech and hear more dirty details from their childhood. His also did not disappoint and I laughed again and again watching all of the wedding footage. 


  • First Dance and Parent Dances


For another surprise, my husband and MIL decided to have a little more with their dance. They played about 30 seconds of a slower traditional song and then broke into the Twist. This really got people on the dance floor because we can really say no to The Twist.



  • Our Last Dance of the Night


 This picture was taken right before or after I looked up at Mason and said "This is the best day ever" We used Best Day ever on our favors and maybe one other place in our wedding. This moment is caught on video and wraps up our wedding video. It really was my best day ever.

Summary:
  • So many details were fully captured in our video.
  • Vows can be played over and over again!
  • Speeches can be cherished, laughed at, and played over and over again.
  • You get to RELIVE your day when you get the footage back. 
    • I literally sat on my couch with a glass of the wine I had at our wedding and watched as much as I possibly could again. Only thing I needed was to put my dress back on
So I guess I should add our wedding in here as well. :) I mean after talking about it for the entire post,  you may want to see it. You can find it here.


All photo credit to Eric Boneske Photography and his associate Leslie Wagner Koehn.

Comments