Mermaid's Tale: Scorch Trials

With all the hype that the movie is getting right now, I figured it would be a good time to read the book before I saw the movie. I know, I know.... The book is always better, yada yada yada. Well I hope the movie is better than the book! I said after the Maze Runner that I wouldn't be finishing the series... Then I saw the movie, and I actually liked it! Waited until I could see it free on Netflix but still, I liked it.

I finally got the audiobook from my library, this may have been my first mistake, but I'm in the car so much now that I really wanted to listen to it. I got so distracted at times and fed up with the repetitive way the chapters ended that I am saying again that I will probably not finish the series.

I felt that the characters were a little flat, the writing was not as great as it could be. There was so much that could have been written and the world could have been so much bigger than what it was. It all felt rushed and a little unorganized. And really.... how many times was "And Thomas slept" or "And Thomas dreamed" written?

The movie trailer looks awesome, so I will be seeing that even if it is after theaters (let's face it, I don't have time for that) But for me this book was pretty much a flop. 2.5 Tails :)

Yep, I'm taking this mermaid theme the whole way!

Until next time! XO

Comments