10 Reasons You Should Eat Chia Seeds on Everything!


Ok maybe not everything, but most things :)

Chia seeds have really gotten a name for themselves in the last couple years and you can find them EVERYWHERE now! I found a HUGE thing at Walmart this week with all the good labels for $8.99. I mean that container will probably last me months.

So why should you like chia seeds? Here are a couple reasons:

They are a rich source of Vitamin B1 - gives you energy
                                                       B2 - gives you energy
                                                       B3 - aids in metabolism
                                                       B9 - aids in metabolism, cell growth, & red blood cell production
                                                        *B9 is great during pregnancy and infancy!
                                                       Calcium - builds strong bones
     Due to family health history it has been advised that I do not take a claim supplement, although I have low Vitamin D so I should take calcium, this give you a great source of it naturally! 
                                                       Iron - carries oxygen in our blood
                                                       Magnesium - is needed for more that 300 reactions in the body!
                                                       Manganese - helps with carb and fat metabolism & so much more!
                                                       Phosphorus - builds strong bones and teeth
                                                       Zinc - immune support, would healing, cell growth

Magnesium helps to maintain normal nerve and muscle function, supports and healthy immune system, keeps the heart beat steady, and helps bones remain strong. It also helps regulate blood glucose level and aids in the production of energy and protein!

So there are the ten reasons you should be eating chia seeds! Now lets talk about how to eat them.

Some of my favorites:

Banana dipped in peanut butter and dipped in chia seeds. The classic healthy snack with the added crunch from the seeds just puts this snack over the top.

1 tbsp chia seeds mixed into your choice of yogurts. I like greek yogurt for the added protein.

Chia pudding! Yes, I said pudding!

These recipes can get pretty intricate but they don't need to be. 

1 cup almond, coconut, or soy milk
1/4 c chia seeds
2 tbs honey or agave
protein powder (optional)

Whisk all ingredients together and let sit. I like to make them at night for the next mornings breakfast or mid morning snack.

I like to make mine with chocolate almond of coconut milk so I don't have to add cocoa to make it chocolate. I'm a choco-holic, there's my first step. But I have added chocolate protein powder too and like it both ways!

Comments