Meatless Monday: My Go-To Quick Meal

If you meal prep or not, this one is an essential in my life! So easy and uses ingredients that most everyone has on hand; well if you're anything like me. Best part about it this recipe is how QUICK it is.

Ingredients:
Cherry Tomatos(can also use any other small tomato)- cut in half
1tsp garlic, minced
1 can chickpeas (yes these are a staple in my house and I always have at least two) I'm weird I know. We'll talk more about chickpeas soon.
Any green veggies you have in the fridge
1 tsp coconut oil or EVOO or any oil of your choice
Italian seasonings (no salt added) fresh herbs if you have them!
Onion

I have done this both with and without the onion. I normally keep an onion in the house but I guess I forgot once. So start by sautéing your onion and garlic in either coconut oil or EVOO. I love infused oils so I typically use by Tuscan Herb EVOO for this. Next toss in any green veggie you have. Brussels, asparagus or peppers that need to be cooked a little longer. If you wanted to broccoli or leafy greens you could wait until the onion is done cooking. Next add in your chickpeas and heat through.

That's it. It's really that simple. But it doesn't taste that simple!

This is also a great meal to do to clean out your kitchen. I don't always want a meat protein option at dinner but you could totally use this as a side dish with fish or chicken.

Until next time! XO


Comments