Organizing my Life

I have always loved planners. I looked forward to each year when I could choose a new planner and fill it with all the repeat information from the previous and upcoming important dates. Normally I would have school schedules or part time job schedules to fill in and take up a ton of space in the calendar. After I graduated I used one for work to log in what needed to be done each day or meetings I was required to be in. But I never really found a planner that fit my WHOLE life. That was key for me, and I was searching until I found it.

Last February I found it. The Erin Condren Life Planner. It was it all in the name; it's not an agenda or calendar. It's a LIFE PLANNER.



The Life Planner has Monthly and Weekly views which I use, but I really use the weekly view. It is set up with "Morning" "Day" and "Night", a goals and notes section and a section at the bottom for meal planning, workouts, daily to-do, etc. I actually don't use it the way it was first intended but if you have seen any youtube video on life planners, you know most people don't use the sections for time of day.

Here's how I break down my planner.


So this is this week. I start out drawing my "glasses" of water that I have broken down into 10 oz servings. I try to get in 90 oz of water daily and this is a way I use to track that. And a kind of incentive to drink more water. I like being able to fill in spaces and fill up all the empty space.

Most everything is color coordinated. I use red to track my Nike+ coaching runs and light blue to track my Tone it Up workouts or other workouts at my gym I want to tray out. That all goes in the bottom section. Everything fitness related.



The middle section is used for to-do and daily everything else! Trips, when friends are coming, everything in my life other than food and workouts.


The top section is used for food. Either daily meal planning or weekly prep.

The side panel is used for grocery lists once I have planned out meals for the week or staples in my house that I just know I will need. If you keep up with my blog you know that brussel sprouts and oats, and asparagus are a staple. I typically buy a few things every week. Zuchinni, brussels, asparagus, salsa, and chickpeas. Then there are typically others that rotate. Maybe I'll do a shopping list sometime of things that are normally in my basket. :)

The life planner comes with these awesome stickers with Birthday and other events that help with planning. I use them for bills, as a reminder to change make-up, birthdays, doctors and hair appointments.





There is also a pocket in the back that I keep my stamps and the stickers she sends you with either your name you used on the front of your planner or gift tag stickers! I can't wait to use these this Christmas!


I know I will not be looking for a new planner this upcoming year! I will just be looking for the new edition of the Erin Condren Life Planner!

Until next time! xo

Here is a link right to her site if you are interested in the life planner! $10off!!


Comments