Pizza Night! (with a twist)

So it's no surprise to anyone who knows me that I love pizza! I am down for ordering pizza on a regular basis and it may go overboard sometimes. Recently when I changed my diet to a much cleaner diet, pizza started to not be so friendly. I felt awful for a about two days after almost every time I ate it. I cut it out of my diet for a little while, but have found ways to work it back in.

I still order it every once in a while but in-between I have figured out a few ways to satisfy the pizza craving. Some are really simple and easy like Ezekiel Bread pizza.

Toast a slice or two of Ezekiel Bread for a short amount of time! I'm not sure why but this toast burns really quick! After it's toasted a little top with pizza sauce, cheese, and any other toppings you desire. Put this under the broiler under the cheese is melted.

Another fairly easy pizza substitute is zucchini pizza boats. Check my other posts for this recipe :)

The one I have been liking the most recently is cauliflower pizza. I hated cauliflower before! I thought it was gross, disgusting, and gross. Yes I said it was gross twice, it was to make the point.

Start out by rinsing the head of cauliflower and preheating the oven to 425. I used almost a whole head for two small pizzas. Break apart the head and place into a food processor. Mine is so little it took forever for this step. Add the cauliflower to a bowl and mix in 1 egg, 1 cup of cheese, and if you like garlic or garlic powder. I also put pepper into the mix. Mix that all together until it forms a dough like consistency.

I use a pizza stone for baking but you could also use a cookie sheet or any other baking sheet. Place mixture onto stone and use a fork to smooth it out until is fairly flat.


Comments