out of the box dates

I feel like the older I get, which isn't all that old but anyways, the harder dating is.

In high school a typical date would look like going to a football game, maybe hanging out at a friends house, or dinner and movie. You may or may not have had a job, an allowance, to money from Mom and Dad. But one thing you definitely didn't have was the amount of bills you currently have. There was always a little money to dinner out or a movie once a week.

In college you had a few more bills and most likely at least a part time job. So a date may look like dinner and movie, a house party, or a school function. Or later in college going out for drinks after dinner.

As a post grade I feel like I don't have enough time or money to date the way I did in college. And some of you may be thinking, "It's so easy for you to date, you're the female. What do you have to pay for?" Well for one, I feel so guilty to have everything paid for. So I definitely like to treat the guy I'm dating. If he buys dinner, I want to buy drinks. It's important to me that he knows I'm not dating him for the money he spends on me.

Going out to dinner all the time is not only costly but fattening! Most meals are much higher in calories than if you cooked at home. Makes trying to lose weight a little bit of a challenge. But there will be ideas to solve this problem below. :)

Saying that, I might as well get on with it. I want to come up with a list of creative dates for the young professional.


  1. dinner and movie
  2. cooking contest
    • this could also be done on a group date and would be really fun.
  3. relive your childhood
    • putt putt
    • laser tag
    • go karts
  4. go to the beach
  5. go to the state park 
  6. go for a bike ride
  7. go for a walk
  8. take a fitness class together
  9. try a new recipe
  10. go for a hike
  11. play a video games
  12. start a movie or TV marathon to watch together
  13. volunteer
  14. walk the beach
  15. watch a meteor shower
  16. geocache
  17. go kayaking
  18. take a road trip
  19. visit a winery
  20. visit a brewery
  21. try a new sport
  22. go to a concert
  23. host a dinner party
  24. find a new bobbie
  25. go to a sporting event
  26. go to the shooting range -firearms or archery
  27. go fishing
  28. learn a new skill
  29. visit a historic site
  30. visit a new city
Let me know what your favorite out of the box dates are! I want to add them to my list.

Until next time! xo

Comments