The 27 Club

Thursday was my 27th birthday and one of my friends told me instead of "Happy Birthday" "Welcome to the 27 Club." The thought made me excited! 26 has been so good. I mean it has had it's ups and downs but overall it was pretty fantastic.

I feel like this year I have come into my own person. I feel more stable and content. And I'm actually surprised by this. I spoke to another friend that reminded me of how different our plans were for our live just a few years ago.

If I had my way, I would have been married about four years ago and I would have at least one baby by now. And while that was an awesome plan, I'm glad it didn't work out. A little less than a year ago I completely changed careers and that probably wouldn't have been possible if I had a family. I'm not sure I would have met all the wonderful people I have the last couple of years. Some of my great friends in Wilmington now are from my Single Women's Small Group.

As tired as I am of kissing frogs, and as ready as I think I am to find the prince in this story, I'm glad that I'm learning to date. I never really did that before. I would always go from being friends to being more than friends and stay that way for at least two years.

I used to think dating was stupid and "why just date to date?" But really it's an important skill and its kinda fun!

I would have never learned the lessons had my plan gone accordingly. So even though at times it may be frustrating, I'm glad it didn't go my way.

Comments

  1. yay! i hope you had a great birthday. and yes, finding the right one will come at the most unexpected time :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment