Your Happy Place

I come out to the beach a lot. And by a lot I mean in the last two weeks I've been out here six times. Now I live across town, work full time, and have other obligations during the week. But to me it's important to come out and hear the waves roll in,watch the surfers (because even in the obnoxiously cold weather and water there are always surfers), and just bask in the glory of it.

When I start getting worried or lonely or upset with how life is, I like to come out here and remember that God created the immensity of the ocean and created it in perfect order. So what makes me think that my small life in comparison isn't going exactly the way God planned it to be?

There is a parable about having faith the size of a mustard seed. The mustard seed is a tiny tiny seed, well it seems to me that some if these grains of sand are about as big as mustard seeds and God has left then here for us and all we have to do is pick it up. 

One thing I like to do is come down to the beach after a storm and see what has washed up. It's like a little treasure hunt for me. Sometimes I don't find anything but other times there is something that surprises me and always puts a smile on my face. Like right now actually. I just saw a dolphin right out in front of me. 

I always love coming out to the beach, it's where, in all it's immensity I remember just how small I am and I feel centered and safe again. It's my happy place. 


Comments