Holidays Are About Family

So I've been a little MIA lately and I have a LOT of posts I want to do and updates on life. But this one I find appropriate for this weekend.

I love tradition. I'm a creature of habit. Same food, same workouts, same holiday traditions. I love spending time with my family all throughout the year, but there is season I love most! I think I may love the day after a holiday more than the actual holiday. Black Friday. Now before you get going on a rant about shopping and people being torn away from their families after dinner to work, just hold your horses. I don't want to work on Black Friday but it's not so I can go shopping. I actually love the NIGHT of Black Friday.

For as long as I can remember my family has had an oyster roast the night after Thanksgiving. It's move locations a few times, but it's all the same people. And not just family. Friends who might as well be family. To me family isn't just about blood, it's about people you love and love you unconditionally.

I can remember back to the first couple years, not wanting to try the oysters, "gross slimy things that hurt when you step on them should not be eaten!" Then a couple years later, my Dad convinced me to try one, and only one. Still not my thing. But I guess oysters are like coffee and beer, sometimes it grows on you.

I would love to hear some of your family traditions!






Comments