I have a slight obsession with brunch...

My newest slight obsession is brunch. Maybe it's because on a daily basis my stomach starts rolling when I think of food before work. I just can't think about food earlier than 8, and this is a problem when I have to be at 6:30. I've been trying to be better and fix a smoothie to take with me. At least I can drink something without feeling sick and it has a good source of protein. But that's for another post. I'm talking about brunch today!

On my two days I like to sleep in (well I considerate it sleeping in. To most people it's when they get up on workdays.) and then fix some kind of breakfast meal around 10 or 11. And no, that's not when I get up, I've been up for a few hours at this point.

Well This past Saturday my boss let me leave really early since I was already in overtime. So hello three day weekend!  Well I ended up meeting some friends for brunch after the local AlzNC walk.

You all know I had a slight obsession with quesadilla a couple months back, well you might not have known this but I did. Go read a couple blog posts back. Well I am still using tortillas whenever I can. I picked some up at Harris Teeter that are low in carbs and high I'm fiber. Perfect right. And not quite as filling at bread is. You can enjoy it more :)

Anyways yesterday I had a burrito with over easy eggs, I love a good over easy egg, and bacon and pepperjack cheese. I also love pepperjack cheese! And it came with a side of grits that I added cheese to. Thats been how I eat grits since I was a kid. My Dad probably picked it up from my Pop but he used to put grits down, a slice of cheddar cheese and then top with more grits. The hot grits melted the cheese and it was perfection. A friend of mine puts grape jelly in hers, and our waitress put said she puts strawberry in hers! What kind of grits do you like?

So Sunday morning after my workout I decided to come home and fix another burrito. As much as I love over easy eggs, I can't fry an egg to save my life. But I can scramble a mean egg. I like to scramble stuff in my eggs too so I used Mexican blend cheese and bacon. Once it was scrambled to perfection I wrapped it in a tortilla and toped it with salsa. Pretty good for a quick breakfast when you're trying not to eat out.


I may or may not have gotten a very early Christmas present :) I love my Keurig! What are your favorite k-cups? Leave me a comment below with suggestions, I can't wait to try new ones! If you have a Costco membership they have an awesome deal on K-cups. 75 for $35.  What?? That's cheap coffee. 

Until next time! xo

Comments