Blueberry Pineapple Cobbler Cake

This recipe used to be one of my favorite desserts then I'm not really sure why I stopped baking it. It is super easy and super delicious.

Ingredients:
Blueberries (frozen or fresh)
Canned pineapple
Boxed cake mix (you could always use dry ingredients of your favorite cake)
1 Stick of butter
Pecans, chopped

All you do is layer the ingredients; it's that easy!

Start out with your blueberries on the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Mine were frozen and I think I probably should have let them thaw, but it just makes it take longer to bake.


Top the blueberries with 1/2c of sugar


Then add you pineapple. We used a 22oz can and make sure to NOT drain it. You'll need that juice in baking.

Then pour over your boxed cake mix.


Finally, melt 1 stick of butter and pour over the cake mix. Try to make it pretty even over the whole dish.

Next is an optional step! Pecans, Walnuts, any other kind of nut you prefer. I used pecans and these were actually frozen too.

Bake at 350 until the cake is not powdery anymore and the juices have bubbled up to the top. Mine took 45 minutes, but the berries were frozen, so it should only take 30 minutes with room temp berries.

At 15 minutes I took a knife and sliced into the cake to make room for the juice to bubble up in several spots in the center.


Hope you Enjoy! Let me know if you try it with other fruits! Or cake mixes! I think a lemon cake mix would be lovely in this.

Until next time! xo

Comments