Sweet and Spicy Sweet Potato Fries

I forgot how good I feel after the gym. My new job leaves me tired after being on my feet literally all day, sometimes upwards of 12 hours with 30 minutes of sitting work (if I'm lucky). So the gym has not been on my priority list lately. On my days off I have gone to walk to beach, paddle, or both, but it's been two days a week at best. Well today, after a pretty stressful day, I got to the gym and burned off some extra stress. 383 calories burned later I felt super motivated to get on the bandwagon again! So I went to the grocery store, grabbed some leafy greens for smoothies, bananas for protein pancakes, and lots of veggies! Also Harris Teeter is running a buy one get one on their boneless skinless chicken breasts! Go get some :)

By the way! Love my Polar heart rate monitor. I keep it on heart rate during my workout so I know if I need to pick up the pace any.

I also picked up two sweet potatoes because I have been craving sweet potato fries like none other! So that's exactly what I made tonight. I cut a sweet potato into pretty thin slices, tossed in olive oil, a little garlic salt, Lawrey's seasoning, and cayenne pepper. The spiciness from the seasonings with the natural sugars of the potato....SO GOOD! Bake at 425 for 20-30 minutes flipping once.


This will be a staple in my house I think. Can't wait to share this with friends. And be on the lookout for another recipe very soon! I'm trying out a new pancake in the morning. Carrot Cake Protein Pancakes. So EXCITED!

Until next time! xo

Comments