Escapecation

Sometimes we just need to get away. This weekend was one of those times for me. Thankfully I have really good friends with a beach house they weren't using this weekend. We all get stressed out and anxious sometimes, but then there are those times that you just want to run, and run far. This week has been one of those. Everyday felt like Monday, I felt like nothing worked out for me.

I'm very lucky that I have a wonderful group of friends that love and support me; and understand that some times I just need to get away, it has nothing to do with them, but I can't decompress from all my stress and anxiety and be around a ton of people.

So which leads me to my story of this weekend. Friday night there is an event in my town called Downtown Sundown which is just fabulous and this past Friday night was a Zac Brown coverband and they were awesome! I knew every song they played (which weren't all Zac Brown, I'm pretty sure we were all kinda hoarse after Wagon Wheel), and we all danced and sang and had a fabulous time.


Then Saturday morning I got up early and headed out of town to a beach about 45 minutes away. Its so quiet and peaceful there, very family oriented beach and my friends have a house on the canal. I just love it there. Saturday after noon a friend of mine who made the journey with me decompressed on the beach with girl talk and a nap.


Later that afternoon we went to have our nails done and vegged out on pizza and queso. We're so healthy. I did semi make up for it with a 2 mile kayak Sunday afternoon before another nap and driving home.


All the canals are no wake zones so they were perfect for this very green kayaker. I did attempt the intercoastal for a bit but the boats have no respect for small crafts. They came up pretty close and flew right by me! Let's just say those waves were a little more than my arms and abs were ready to handle.


But what a gorgeous sight it was! Sea grass blowing in the wind and swaying with the waves. Birds over head, and I do love a good boat, but I like them far away from me. :)

One of the things I love most about this beach is the memories it brings back. Trips with my friends and family when I was in high school, living there for a summer in college, going there to get away for a weekend while I was working at camp. All those great memories just come flooding back when I sit out on the back porch. Everyone needs a place like that I feel like.

Let me know where you go to escape. I'm always looking for new places to explore.

Until next time! xo





Comments