Saturday Morning Farmer's Market

In my town there is a Farmer's Market right on the river, and I love my riverfront so adding a Farmer's Market just makes it even better!


It's early in the season for most veggies in our area but there were a tons of plants and herbs to choose from. There were also leafy veggies like kale, romaine, baby bak choy.

A couple of the stand had fresh eggs, preserves, jellies, breads, pastries, and other baked goods.





We always had an aloe plant near the kitchen growing up and I'm so excited about having another one in my kitchen. My roommate and I definitely need one since we are both accident prone. :)



Mom and I picked up a dozen eggs, a few cucumbers, strawberry spread, an aloe plant, thyme, rosemary, and a spearmint plant.

I love the Farmer's Market because everything is local, you support your community and you know that your produce is fresh, it wasn't packed days ago and shipped across the country. I can't wait till more vegetables are in season and I can come home with a basket of veggies to cook during the week!

Until next time! xo

Comments