You Only Live Once: Be Silly




So.... Last night my roommate and I made tutus. Yes, tutus. My roommates comment was "I'm almost 25 and I've never worn a tutu, I'm so excited!" We are running a fun 5k this weekend that I'll post on after but a lot of people wear crazy things and you get really dirty during the 5k. So we decided that we wanted to make tutus to run in. They really aren't all that hard to make, just a little time consuming.


Start out with tulle and ribbon or elastic. We don't have a sewing machine to sew the elastic together so we went easy and we're going to tie on our tutu. The yellow in the above picture is actually VERY bright. Another key element to this 5k. I can't wait to share that with you guys too! In total we bought 20 yards for 4 tutus and we have left over. But the more you tie around the fuller they will be.

Cut the tulle in strips about an inch wide  and then fold in half.


Next place the ribbon at the loop if the tulle and....


... flip the ends through the tulle.


Pull tight and Repeat!




It's that easy! Just do this a couple hundred times and you'll have a very cute tutu. And I'm serious about a couple hundred...Sorry ya'll.

Here is two hours of work. A little over half way. But for someone smaller if will take less time.


These are also super cute for little girls with onesies! You can make them with any color tulle you find and can pretty much match anything you want.

Even pups can have fun in tutus! Or we can have fun putting tutus on pups :)


Hope you enjoy this playful craft. Until next time! xo


Comments