Never Go to the Grocery Store After the Gym

Hahaha! Like you've never done this. And I kid, I actually do go to the grocery store after the gym and maybe it's because I've been eating cleaner for long enough not to want to eat every chip and cookie in the store. I actually find myself wanted to buy every veggie on the wall when I shop after working out.


I always start in the fresh produce section, unless I'm going in for specific ingredients I forgot on a previous trip, that way I load my cart with things that are good for my body instead of chips, prepackaged meals, or instant gratification foods. We all have those foods that we just reach for in a hurry. Mine is chips and oreos. But back to the topic at hand! I always pick up fruit, anything that is seasonal and don't be scared to try something new. Never know, it could turn into a favorite food. Then load up with the fresh veggies. I'm always buying spinach since I eat it on or in just about everything. 

Then I move and try to work mainly around the perimeter of the store. That way I pass all the tempting processed foods. 

Here is a sample list of some things that are staples on my grocery list.

Grocery List:
apples
bananas
other seasonal fruit
zucchini and squash
spinach
Bolthouse or NAKED juice
baby carrots
salad
garlic
protein bars 
chicken or other lean meat (fish if on sale
and looking good)
thin sliced sandwich meat
Greek yogurt
1% milk
2% American, sliced
18 count eggs (we go through 
a lot of eggs; I mean A LOT)
low fat or part skim shredded cheeses
Bagel thins
Sandwich thins (some kind of 
whole wheat or whole grain)
Lite English muffins
Whole wheat or veggie pasta
Jasmine rice
Crystal Light to flavor water or greek yogurt

Those are the typical things I pick up at the grocery store. You can make plenty of great tasting things with these and a few seasonings. Hope you can find some inspiration and be sure to let me know what's in your Grocery Cart.

Until next time! xo

Comments