Rest is Not a Four Letter Word

Some people may not understand the title but hopefully I can explain. My Mom used to say "Ashley thinks nap is a four letter word," when I didn't want to nap. It was something bad. So what I mean is rest isn't a bad thing; it's good for you!

I will be the first person to say that this is an important step in being healthy that I fail at, miserably. I come up with every excuse why I can't relax and let my body rest. I'm a people pleaser by nature and I don't want to let anyone down by telling them I can't do something. But that has to change. Our bodies are made to stay in motion, but to do that we have to rest.

We all have really busy schedules and we all think there is nothing we can cut out or replace with some rest and relaxation. I got an assignment from my acupuncturist that said to write out everything you have to do in a week and prioritize it. Sometimes I think we have more time than we realize but we are so focused on not having time we over look it. Make out your list and see how much time you have and begin thinking about your priorities.

We need to make our health our priority and that includes saying no and making time to care of ourselves.

Comments