Repurposed Pallet Picture Frame


 This is how my morning started.


Not gonna complain. Sunday-morning-after-breakfast-with-coffee-in-hand-craft-time. Sounds like a perfect Sunday to me.

I have been lusting over a huge picture frame that my roommate made before we moved in together and it's finally nice enough outside to make one!


We started by setting out the pallet that we pulled apart with the help of Maggie's Dad a couple weeks ago. Once we had the boards the way I liked we started nailing.


This is where I started getting really frustrated and wanted to give up. (By the way, I'm adding commit to the list of my one word)

We used two nails at each of the corners to make sure that the boards wouldn't come apart. I guess the board were really hard pieces of wood, because I broke so many nails and kept bending them like the one on the inside corner. But don't worry if that happens to you, just adds more character :)


Once we had all four corner together, which took a while. Let's just say too, that I'm not very handy with a hammer. I put in a copper decorative nail and wrapped the same color copper wire around the nail. Make sure you go around plenty of times to make sure it holds.


Then use pliers to cut the excess wire and finish wrapping around the nail so there isn't any sharp edge.


Once you have the one side finished, move over to the other side making sure your wire is level so the pictures will hang level. And complete the same thing on the other side.


Once the first wire is complete put a picture where you think you will hang it to measure out where you should put the next wire.


Then repeat the process as many times as it takes to fill the frame. I got three rows out of mine.




Once you have the front finished, turn it over and it's time to fix how you'll hang the frame. Now you can skip all this if you want it to sit on the floor. That would really cool with a big tall frame, but one the size of mine would look better hanging.

You'll need to hammer in two more nails, one on each corner of the top, not decorative nails, something more sturdy like you did with the corners.


Then wrap your copper wire around and pull as tight as it will go to the other side and wrap around that nail. Without cutting the wire send it back over to the first side and rewrap that nail. This will make two wires at the top to help hold the frame.


Now you can cut the wire and finish wrapping it around. 

And ta-da! You have an awesome, repurposed picture frame. You can hang pictures using clothespins or any other kind of hook. I'll be stopping to pick up clothes pins on my errands this afternoon.


Until next time! Happy Crafting! xo

Comments