Pot Pie Soup

Yummmmmm!! I had this tonight and it was to die for! So good and hearty.

Ingredients:
1 lb chicken (I used left over turkey), cut into small pieces
2 stalks of celery, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
3 potatoes (I used four baking potatoes)
1 cup half and half (I used a little more)
3 cup chicken broth
2 cup water
poultry seasoning (about 1/2 tsp or to taste)
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup flour
10z frozen green peas and carrots (I used 16 oz bag)
Refrigerated pie crust


Ok so I put all the info on what I used because the recipe says it makes 4 servings and I needed to make more, so I just added. I also put some garlic salt in at the end. Anyway back to the recipe... :)

Preheat oven to 425 and bake until pie crust is golden brown. (It says about ten minutes, mine took more like 15) Melt butter in pot and add chicken to heat through, about one minute, stirring. (or a little longer) Remove chicken and place in bowl. Add celery, onion, flour, and 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning. Let the flour coat the veggies and cook for about 3 minutes or until juices start coming from the onion. Add the water, half and half, broth, and potatoes. Bring to simmer and cover and cook for about ten minutes.  Add the peas and carrots and cook until they are tender, or about six minutes. Add the chicken back in and heat back through. (Here is where we added more poultry seasoning and garlic salt. But just add for taste)

Not sure why this won't rotate, but here it is! With a small piece of the pie crust :) Btw cut the pie in four pieces. I soup was supposed to make four serving, but they would be VERY large servings for four.

Until next time! xo


Comments