"More Room for Activities"

Hahaha, I think that may be the only movie quote I  ever use on here, but it fits so well and I actually quoted it today. (For those that know me, you know it's something for me to quote a movie. My brain just doesn't remember things like that.)

Anyways, off that tangent on the important stuff! It's the first weekend in a while that both my roommate and I have been in town at the same in a while. So we took the opportunity and her first big girl paycheck and went shopping for things for the house.


We  repotted the herbs to bigger containers since I think I might have killed them (right after I marked off having an herb garden on my list. It may have to become unmarked again; I'll keep you updated.)



Maggie was able to get pots for the plants that her family sent her to work on her first day as full time.
Didn't they turn out great! Now we have them all around the house!


This was probably my favorite thing of the day though! You can't really tell but this a book case that is tilted and lean against the wall. I love the way it all fits into the room and really ties the kitchen and dining room together. Maggie and I spent a while screwing it all together because my power drill was dead; oops. And then we were able to clean up that whole area and get rid of the bags I had there and clean up the cook books. Yes, I'm turning into my Mother. But it's ok, because both Maggie and I are. We're proud of it.


And if that wasn't enough we finished out DVD/Bookcase! Still a work in progress for decorations, as you see from the empty picture frame, but we're getting there. Love this too!


I love that things are getting finished and really fixed up nice here! We are on a roll and hoping it won't stop. Well before long we'll be decorating for Christmas and having fun with all that. But we still have a lot on our list to complete for the house. Right now Maggie's even working on ideas for other canvases to hang in the hallway! Oh goodness I'm excited!

Until next time! xo

Comments