Home

I can't really put into words the feeling, the closest I can get is a comfort that is only felt when you're at home. That's what I felt this past week at Victory Junction.

You always think it can't get better and by no means am I saying my week here was better than my previous summers but it is right up there at the top of my all-time favorite weeks. I got to spend the week with some pretty amazing teenage boys and some really great men. The men that I worked with all week just leave me amazed and thankful to know that there is hope for my generation and the next.

All week was filled with memories of the past and making new memories. I am so thankful at this point in my life I can go back to a place where there are so many memories and I can keep making wonderful memories that I know will last forever.

Wednesday during recharge I left to head to the cabin a little early and just found myself walking to the Adventure Tower. When I got there I was flooded with memories and feeling from the two summers where that was my home. You know like in movies when the character is having memory and he literally sees the memory happening in front of him. That's what it was like. I could see my counselors belaying at the bench and kids reaching the top. I could see us strapping kids into the chair harness. It was so wonderful so go up there and just be there again.


I could make this post last forever and tell story after story about those kids, but most of the stories, you wouldn't understand if you read it. You can "get" camp until you experience it. So my suggestion is that you GO!

Comments