Entwined by Heather Dixon

So this is something I haven't done since middle school...book review. I'm giving it a try since one of my things is to read a Good Reads Recommendation list.

I can't remember how I found this book, I think it was free as a special, but I'm not really sure. I downloaded it on my phone and put it aside while I read other books that were higher on my priority list. Then I saw it on a vlog I subscribe to on YouTube.

I started Entwined not knowing the fairy tale it is based on. I still don't know anything about the actual fairy tale, The 12 Dancing Princesses, so I can't really comment on it from an accuracy point of view. But I can tell you it's an easy read that once you get into it is a page turner. With a little romance and mystery it has something for everyone. But don't worry, if romance isn't your thing, it's very little and is not a major theme in the book.

At times the book is slightly confusing, a lot of dialogue with in my opinion not enough descriptors to tell you who is speaking. Could be that I read at night too and I just don't get it. But I did have to go back and reread a couple times to make myself understand what was happening. But otherwise I really liked the book.

Of course I can't say too much since I want you all to read this, but it would definitely be on my list to recommend to others.

If you want to check it out, here is the link for Good Reads.

Comments