My One Word

This month as a church we have been talking about resolutions and how they never really work. Instead we were all challenged to pick one word an use it as a lens to see how God is working in our lives.

The idea of resolutions has never been an intrigue for me. I heard on the radio at the beginning of the month that most people keep their resolutions for about three weeks. I can see that; for me once I forget to do my resolution once, I have failed. I have broken my promise to myself and I give up.

This year my word is time. I want to see how God is working through my life using my time. Here's how I see this going. (not sure if this is the point or not but I'm doing it anyways)
I'm planning quiet time into my day
I'm putting the time in at the gym
I'm making time for friends and during that time, giving them my full time not spending time with them but focusing on anything else.
I'm making time with God each day.

I'm really looking forward to this year and I would really recommend this to anyone who is against resolutions as well :)

I'll finish with a very cute my pastor told last week. A couple came up to him before the service and they were smiling like they were up to something. The boy too Mike about his one word, invite. He told him about inviting God into his work, his daily life. In December he was telling his girlfriend all about his journey the last year inviting God into his life. Then he got down on one knee and invited her to spend the rest of her life with him.

God does work in our lives when we take the time to invite him in. I know I'm going to take that time this year and hopefully every year until I'm called Home.

Comments