Growing Up

There are plenty of days when I wish that I could rewind time and go back to the college days, even though in those days I wished to be out of college. Funny how we are never happy with the season in life we are in now. That's my goal for the rest of the year, be happy with the situation I am in now and happy with who I am. Life has been difficult lately and I've been down lately, I just kept thinking, I need things to change and I was depending on someone else for my happiness. Not any more! Moving on is difficult, growing up is difficult, life can be difficult, but we have to do all those things.

I've been turning to the Women of Faith books for a lot of inspiration these last few weeks. I read last night that the worst things to do when we're down is watch sad movies, overeat, and read racy books. The best things to do even if we really don't want to, laugh, spend time with people who make us feel better, cook, craft, stay busy with hobbies, exercise, and of course dive into the Scripture.

The last couple of weeks, I haven't really looked forward to the day to day, but a wonderful friend reminded me that's what I have to do in order to get through the day to day. Be excited about getting out of bed, excited to put on make-up, and getting ready for everyday occasions. So far this has worked :) I have to be honest, I'm shaking while writing this. I don't like to be open with the difficult things in my life, I normally let them eat at me until I'm overflowing and so anxiety ridden I may not make the best decisions on how to deal with it.

So here's to moving on, growing up, and being happy with me just the way I am! Thanks to everyone who's been there for me the last couple of weeks.

Comments