Team Challenge Ride

So I had to write about today even though it's not as happy as I thought it would be. Like I said I've been feeling kinda crappy the last few weeks and I thought it was just stress, not enough sleep, etc... Well turns out I most likely have asthma. The morning started off good, Mom and I drove to camp, got set up and left on bike, got five miles down the road and started barking.

Well yeah not literally barking, but like one of those deep nonproductive chesty coughs. Well not being able to breathe lead to getting light headed and I decided to stop at five miles and not risk actually passing out somewhere on the road.

When I got to camp, I saw the camp doctor, Cara. Who is quite fabulous by the way. She heard one cough and said, "Let's this." So silver lining in it all, I'm pretty sure I know what has been wrong with me the last couple weeks. Still making an appointment with my primary care doc, to follow up, but I haven't been able to breathe as in two weeks as I can after the inhaler. And what she said made complete sense. Could be triggered by allergies, and I have had one these coughs for as long as I can remember, and asthma runs in the family.

So I felt awful as I pulled back into camp, mostly because I wasn't able to finish. But the important thing happened, I raised a lot of money to help bring kids to camp.

Comments