Happiness

I read a quote tonight, "Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means you've decided to look beyond the imperfections." I believe this is true. I wish I could look beyond a lot of the imperfections in my life on a daily basis. I'm not, but I did get a little help with that over the weekend. My Mt. Tirzah family has gone to Women of Faith the last three years. This year we went to Charlotte and had an amazing time.

People always think that a room full of women can never be a good thing, but in this case a coliseum of women with very limited men (yes some of the crew were men, we do need some strong men for heavy lifting you know) Ok I diverge and this is not a women's power blog.

This year the theme was Imagine. But it was also a lot about empowerment. Most of the speaker being women understand the day to day tasks of working mothers, these women did not start out famous. They started out as average women with work, family, and church responsibilities.

Since my ADD is kicking in big time, and I'm now having writers block, I'll leave you with a few of my favorite quotes from the weekend.

1. Song of Solomon 4:1 Your eyes are like doves, Your hair like a flock of sheep.
              As Sandy Patty would say, "Ladies this gives us all we need to have a bad hair day, everyday"
2. There are some really stupid people in the world, but we can't let them fall into the stupid pit by themselves.

Comments