On Your Mark

From the minute I walked into work today, it was boom, boom, boom, big deal issues right back to back. We had our first tornado warning today while I was at work, so of course without freaking all the residents out too much, we had move everything, not let them go outside, etc. Thankfully the storm just left us rain and didn't cause much damage in Carolina Beach where there were four water spouts. Some of the pictures we're actually really cool that were shown on the local news.

Anyways, what I really wanted to share, more progress on the bike front. 11 miles today in an hour and barely broke a sweat until about min 45. So now I need to work on speed. Although I am not really concerned with how long it takes at the Team Hole in the Wall Challenge, I guess I could work on not being last. I would like to get in 15 miles in under an hour. The one thing I haven't said yet, I have less than four weeks to train, and I'll be out of town all but one weekend until the event. But again, my goal is 15 in under an hour, not to be first.

So again I don't have a map to show since I still haven't taken my bike to pump up the tires, but maybe that will happen when I get back from my trip this weekend.

Hope everyone has a good weekend, and no I probably won't be training this weekend, I'm going to celebrate a great friend's birthday!

Comments