Happiness

So I've been thinking about happiness a lot lately. This week my anxiety has been through the roof and today I told my closet mate (yes I work out of a closet at work, and yes I have to share it) I think one reason I have been feeling so sick lately is anxiety. After saying it I felt better, I think I've been avoiding the subject, trying to convince myself it's not really anxiety for awhile now. I'm not sure why I was doing this. I mean I work in Healthcare, I see people with anxiety diagnoses everyday, still I'm not sure why I'm avoiding that I may have an anxiety issue that I can't solve myself, as much as I want to.

This always leads me to start thinking about work. I'm sitting here laughing just thinking about it. Right now most of my anxieties are coming from work. But as the word says, it's not supposed to be easy, its work. I do however also start thinking Victory Junction when I start thinking about how hard work is on a day to day business. So as I was already feeling homesick from camp and one of the staff post on Facebook some camper and family quotes. This made me really homesick for camp.

So I guess this is perfect timing to talk about my week from this summer. I have to say first that I stole all these photos from staff this summer. I also have to start by saying that nothing can beat my two full summers at camp, but the staff this year is quite exceptional.




Where else on Earth can you roll around in Chocolate, Oats, and Cocoa and its just what you do on a Wednesday night? Oh yeah these guys are champs, all the guys, not just these four. I can't believe how lucky camp gets each year with the guys they hire for summer staff.

And the females are pretty great too!



I'm not really sure what these lovely ladies are so sad about, because it was actually a really fun night! The kids dressed one counselor up as their Cowboy and then ....


Lassoed Kyle and Richard Petty, Barrel-raced their Trusty Stead (kids bicycle) I wish I had a video of this because it was HILARIOUS!!! People crashed into each other, off their bikes, and into trash cans! It was just a complete mad dash for the finish! And yes, my cabin WON! Thanks Gunnar for your complete craziness and not caring if you hurt yourself. And giving the kids, all of them I great laugh.

Another night activity from the week is NASCARNIVAL. Unfortunately it rained so the kids got to walk INSIDE the balloon in the gym. How many people can say they have walked inside the balloon. I can! :)


Besides the Hot Air Balloon, Krispy Kreme comes to give the kids doughnuts, there is popcorn, ice cream, and icees,  a real NASCAR team
Yes some of these are not from this year, but I thought I would go ahead and add them.


Pretty cool that a real pit crew comes to camp every week and eats, dances, parties, and practices their stop with the kids.




Favorite part of some the campers week, the Dunk Tank. The week I was there some of the Pit Crew even got in the tank for the kids! For the most part it is the Program Counselors that rotate through the dunk tank. I have NEVER been in the tank though.



This summer I spent a lot of at Archery. I have never been able to do that with my Program schedule, so it was a welcomed change. I love seeing the kids come, think they can't do it, and then Larry changes there mind and makes them believe they will all be Olympian Athletes. I can't wait to hear "Hi Larry" during an interview someday.

Overall this was a WONDERFUL week and I can't wait to go back! But wait, it's not as far off as I thought it would be. Today I registered for The Team Challenge. I'm pumped about training, (very quickly) for the shortest of the three races. 15 miles on Sept 10th. So I'll be blogging about training up until the day of the event. Can't wait to go back home! (One of the many places I call home)

Comments