Creative Advent Calendar for the Wine Lover

One of my favorite things as a kid was pulling the piece of candy off the advent calendar each night. No I didn't have one that you opened the door and got a prize or candy, mine was made by my grandmother and we tied peppermints or butterscotch candies to it.

Well since I moved out on my own I haven't had one and this year I decided to change that! I saw this on pinterest so I can't take credit for the idea, but I did make some changes to make it my own and match the decor for my house and Christmas decorations.

So here's the fun part.... 

...it's going on my wine rack!

And I've already heard it, "does that mean you drink the whole bottle that day?" "Are you seriously going to drink 24 bottles of wine before Christmas?" Why no, I'm not; my liver would hate me. 

I just want something to look like an advent calendar in my house this year.

So here's what you need to recreate this in your own house. (wine rack not included, that's a given right?)

Tools:
Burlap- I found mine at Michaels in 12x12 sheets. I used 2 pages
Sharpies- I chose black, you can choose your own color
Scissors
A ruler
A hole punch
Ribbon of your choice


I wanted my tags to be on the smaller side but not invisible on my wine rack so I chose 3x4. That was also perfect for my 2 12x12 burlap pieces. 



Mark each piece then cut along the strand you marked to make your tags.


Once they are all cut you're ready to decorate! You can also have fun here, I decided to go understated and neutral since most of my decorations are over the top! I had to go over mine a couple times with sharpie and make the lines bigger than my fine point sharpie for the look I desired, but have fun and get creative here.


After you have them decorated all you have to do is slide the burlap fibers around to make a hole then tie ribbon in the hole leaving a loop that will fit over the neck of a wine bottle.


Let me know how you like to celebrate with your advent calendar! And if you try this leave me a link so I can check it out!

Until next time! xo

Comments