Transformation Tuesday- Antique China Cabinet

So on my list for 101 things to do in 1001 days, which served its purpose but didn't work out too well in 1001 days, was to re-do a piece of furniture. My Mom has had a china cabinet in her garage waiting on a place for it since we cleaned out my grandmother's house. I finally got her to let me bring it to Wilmington and let me paint it.

Unfortunately I don't have a good before picture. I may have one somewhere at Mom's home stashed in the boxes of old pictures because the china cabinet has been in my grandmother's house since I can remember. But you can see how dark the door frame and the lower doors are.


We have a ton of specialty furniture shops in Wilmington that resale antique furniture and one of them sells paint that if made just for refinishing furniture. They also a wax that you can put on it to make it look destressed but I wasn't too sure about that step so I decided to keep the look pretty clean.

There it a little bit of a distressed look around the medallions and all the little grooves and such.


Over all, I love the way it turned out and love the pop of color from inside with the painted shelves and back and then all my colorful Simply Summertime pottery from Home Interiors.


Eventually I think I would like to change the hardware on the lower doors. They are so dark compared to everything else, but I just haven't found anything that I love yet. So I'll save those dollars until I find something.

Hope this inspired you to get out there and redo a piece of furniture. I'm working on another piece currently; so look for a post on that in the coming weeks. (Hopefully next Tuesday!)

Comments