Date Night! Pumpkin Carving

As much as I love summer, I really love fall. There is just something about the crisp air, smell of fires and a big sweater that just make me happy. Oh and all the pumpkin stuff doesn't hurt either. :) I love pumpkin food, pumpkin coffee, and carving pumpkins. Which you may have been able to guess by the title of this post.

My favorite part is going to the pumpkin patch. There is just something about being surrounded by tons of pumpkin and sifting through to find just the perfect one.


But I live in the city so no farms, so a church fundraiser will do just perfect! Especially when it's the church my boyfriends parents attend.

All da baby punkins!



 This was only half the area they had pumpkins in. And they went from the smallest of small to gigantic! We of course had to pick two on the big end, my boyfriend's was even bigger than mine.


I wanted a pumpkin that was smooth, pretty. He wanted one that was lumpy and would make his jack-o-lantern look even creepier.


We knew we picked big pumpkins but we found out just how wrong we were in picking when we went to cut them. The knife was "stronger than other tools" and we still broke two of them.

PSA: BIGGER IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER!


That's one thick pumpkin! And it had a TON of seeds and yuckiness inside.


Gross! My least favorite part of carving pumpkins. We attempted to save the seeds and roast those after but it got late and we didn't feel like picking the seeds out and washing.


I chose to use one of the pictures in the book that came with our tools and my boyfriend decided to create his own! I have to say those are two good looking pumpkins!


Here's just how much I love pumpkins and possibly themed dates. :) While we were carving pumpkins we had pumpkin chili and pumpkin beer that I fixed earlier in the day.


Yum! Until next time! xo

Comments