Meatless Monday- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes

So I'm doing a special post today. I was going to save it for a series I'm starting called Meatless Mondays. Ever heard of it?? I figured you had. :)

Not that I'm trying to, but I've been eating a lot less meat than I used to. Before it was a staple in every meal. Lately, I don't know why, I've been finding other sources of good protein to have in my diet instead. So at least for a little while I'll be posting as much as I can a Meatless Monday Meal. :) Like that alliteration?

This week it was Stuffed Sweet Potatoes and they were SO good!!



Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes

Ingredients:

Sweet Potatoes
1 can of tomato paste
1 can no salt added corn
1 can Rotel or diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 can black beans
cumin
chili powder
cayenne pepper
spinach
shredded cheese
avocado


 Preheat oven to 400 and using a fork poke holes in all sweet potatoes. I lined the tray with parchment  so it would be easier clean up. :) Bake sweet potatoes for 40-50 minutes.


Next grab a small pot and empty all cans and simmer. Add cumin, chili powder and cayenne to taste. I get a little heavy handed but I love all those seasonings.


 I brought this to a boil then turned to simmer and let cook together and thicken while the sweet potatoes were in the oven.

Once sweet potatoes are done, split them operand using a fork take out some of the meat and place in a bowl. Add some of the chili. There will be plenty of left overs so no need to thrown it all in.

I forgot to take the picture before  I stuffed the potatoes but here's what was left in the bowl :)


 Add in shredded cheese and spinach to the chili mix and fill the potatoes then top with cheese and pop those suckers back in the oven for another 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.


 Yumm-o! Now if that doesn't look good just wait until you top it!



Then all that's left is to enjoy!

Let me know how you like to stuff your sweet potatoes! I would love to hear and try out of your recipes!

Until next time! xo

Comments