Weeknight Warm Salad

I don't know about you, but after standing all day the last thing I want to do is come home and cook. This could be problematic though since I want to live a healthy life. But sometimes there are these wonderful things called one pot wonders. In this case, it's a one pan wonder.


Ingredients
1/2 onion
garlic
1/2 zucchini
handful of greens (I used beet and kale)
7 brussel sprouts
2 small apples
dash of nutmeg -once you add the greens

p.s. this makes two servings :)







I cut everything into small slivers and tossed the onion, garlic, brussels, and zucchini into the pan with Tuscan Herbed EVOO. Once that started getting soft I added the apple and the greens. I wanted the apples to still have a little crunch to them but not raw.

I normally hate vegetables and fruit together. I can't stand salads with fruit, or so I thought. Until tonight. I think I need to rethink that though now because this was SO good!

You could fry and egg to top this warm salad or add chickpeas or quinoa for protein. It would also have a great side even though it was all I ate tonight.



Until next time! xo

Comments