My Own Little World

So I've been thinking a lot about how I live in my own little world. I keep to same patterns, have the same friends, go to the same familiar places, listen to same music. The list could go on and on. And honestly...I love it. I love how happy I am now. I'm happy that I don't know the next up and coming star, I could care less what the next fashion statement would be, or who the next "it girl" is. And I'm proud of that.

I know that I will never look like the nest Hollywood "it girl." And once I accepted that and put that trash, yes trash, behind me I was able to be a much happier person.

Most of you know if you read my blog, I haven't really been posting. I have really tried to step away from most social media and really live life instead of looking at life through my laptop. You also know if you read my blog that My One Word for this year is love. And I think it directly correlates to this topic. When I was watching Real Housewives, and other "reality tv" I would feel my anxiety go up. I would get so wrapped up in the lives of these people I would never know it made me crazy. Why should I care about this "reality show" when at least half is scripted for "good tv." I know I'm using " " a lot but deal with it. :) Why did I get so angry from watching a tv show and why did I care so much to be angry? Why are we letting girls who cause drama control how we feel about ourselves? And I'm not just talking about the housewives.

I feel like removing this source of stress from my life was therapeutic. I am loving myself more now that I don't have those ideas being pushed down on me. I don't feel the need to get the next greatest thing, the "best make up," the "it" clothes. My wallet also loves me more. And it gives me more money to give to the right places. But that's a totally different topic and post.


So I challenge you to give up the vice you have, whatever it is. Try it for a season, and if you don't feel happier, go back to it. But I bet you feel better about the world and yourself. And guess what, you won't miss it once it's gone. :)

Until next time! xo

Comments