Wednesday Weeknight Meal

I've never been one to like tomatoes, unless it was in pasta sauce or pizza sauce. But I definitely would never have thought I would like something called tomato pie. But I do!

And it's super simple.

Layer sliced tomatoes, cheese, and italian seasoning in a pie crust and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes. Or until there isn't tomato juice standing. I had to cover mine because it was getting too brown on top, but just cover with tin foil and keep it cooking! :)

This time I added half and onion and green pepper and a layer of pepperoni under the top layer of cheese.

The best part about this is that it reheats pretty well so you can enjoy it for more than one meal!




Let me know if you try this and what variations you use! It could be SO versatile. Add hamburger or sausage, different veggies! 

Until next time! xo

Comments