Cake for Breakfast?? Yes PLEASE!

Ok so not really, but I have to admit that every once in a while I may eat a few nibs we cut out of the cupcakes in the morning! That's not so great for a healthy lifestyle but this Carrot Cake Smoothie is!

I tried a bit of it tonight but my plan is to save it for breakfast tomorrow. I can't seem to make myself want to eat anything that early in the morning, but by 10:30 I'm starving and can't stop to eat anything. So my solution, with a little hope from a friend is smoothies. I'm not actually eating anything (drinking doesn't make me feel sick in the mornings, just eating... stupid body) and I'm getting great nutrients, and with the addition of protein powder, well protein.

So here it is!

1/2 cup of fresh carrot juice - I blended two carrots with water on the whole juice setting of my blendtec.
1 banana- frozen if you want it thick like a smoothie
1 scoop of protein powder- I have multiple kids in my house at the moment, if you're interested in hearing about protein powder let me know.
a dash of nutmeg and cinnamon
1 tsp flaxseed (optional) -I didn't have any, so I didn't use it :)

That's it! Took all of five minutes and its done! Could be a sweet treat at the end of the day too.



Until next time! xo

Comments