Book Review!

Finally have a new book review to post! I haven't finished Casual Vacancy, still working on it and Gone Girl. I had a free trial of Audible and got Gone Girl, and I'm almost done with it. I like to listen to books while I'm driving. I think it make the drive much easier and I had to really late drives recently on the way to and from vacation. (I had a girls trip to the Bahama's :) I'll post on that later too)

But anyways, I FINALLY figured out how to download library books to my phone and it is going to change my life. Like I said, I took a new job and the pay is very different than what I'm used to and there isn't $40 to spend on books each month, like I was quite a few months in the past couple of years. So a free library card a a free app later, I'm set! Now the one hitch is, if you're dying to read a new book, you may have to wait. And if it's a really popular book at the moment you may have to wait. It took me a good week to get any of the 5 books I had on hold. But I'm next in line for the sequel to this upcoming book review.

So, how do you get said free books? Well if you live in North Carolina just go to NC Digital Library and type in your library card number. Not all counties are online yet, but there are a good number that participate. You have to download an app called OverDrive as well. NC Digital Library has Kindle, ebook(Overdrive) and one other type of ebook, but so far I've only been able to get the Overdrive type. But it's not a bad app.

On to the review, the  whole point of you looking at this post!


Delirium is about a dystopian Portland where love is a disease. Everyone under the age of 18 is separated and it's against the laws to see anyone of the opposite sex for fear of become diseased. Delirium follows a girl names Lena through the months up until her procedure. Lena starts out counting down the days in excitement for her procedure believing everything she learned in school and the government tells her. She is a strict rule follower until a prank that changes her life. You follow Lena through a crazy journey, with lots of twists and turns and a major cliff hanger.

Can't wait to start reading the sequel and will definitely keep you posted on it too!

Until next time! xo

Comments