The Beginning of the "Juicing Experience"




One of the reasons I love living in Wilmington so much is that I can go to the beach after work. I signed up for MeetUp.com to find groups to paddle with and there was a local MeetUp last night. Once my roommate and I got down to the beach, I though it was a little too windy and the water was kinda rough.

So instead of paddling, we went for a walk on the beach.After three miles barefoot on the beach my feet were killing me! I have the blisters to prove it.

When we got back we fixed broccoli cheese soup, and here's the kicker, IN A BLENDER! You'll need either a Blendtec or a Vitamix. I used steam in a bag broccoli so it took even less time than steaming it on the stove. Add the
2c steamed broccoli
1/2 c water
1/2 c vegetable broth
a dash of nutmeg
1/8 tsp salt 
pepper to taste
1c cheddar cheese

For the Blendtec all you have to do is hit the SOUP button. It ended up a little thicker than I feel like a soup should be so I added more vegetable broth and more cheese. It was very broccoli-y and it'll be an adjustment if you're expecting restaurant style broccoli-cheese soup.



I also made my first juice in the blendtec! Grapes, strawberries, blueberries, and carrots. Blended to a pulp :) I had to add water today because over night in the fridge it turned to jelly.


It was so yummy today but I way over estimated how much it would make. I'll be drinking that for a couple of days but I'm ok with it!

What are some of your favorite juicing recipes?

Until next time! xo

Comments