Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps

I've been contemplating whether or not I was going to post this. Great concept, not so great execution this time around. I'm SUPER picky on my chicken salad, super picky!

My Favorite Chicken Salad:
Chicken breast shredded
enough mayo to hold it together
a couple tsp mustard
celery
sweet pickle relish
salt and pepper
boiled egg

As you can tell, there aren't any measurements. My family has a by taste rule on chicken salad. My grandmother used to make it all the time when my family came to visit because it was my Dad's favorite thing. There would always be a huge bowl of it waiting for it.

I figured I could change one small thing and it wouldn't change too much...wrong.

Instead of mayo I used Miracle Whip, lower in calories. Little did I know it was sweet. I'll never make that mistake again.

But the part that did work! Lettuce wraps instead of bread. Cuts a ton of carbs and calories but is still filling and totally satisfying. I took Romaine lettuce and broke it off at the stem and filled it with chicken salad. Easy as that. I ate two wraps for lunch two days last week and that and some fruit was plenty for lunch.

Mom has also done this with tuna salad, so any type of salad like that would be great! Let me know how you like your chicken salad! Do you like fruit? Or Dill? Let me know.

Until next time! xo

Comments