Don't be Afraid to Try Something New

Ok first off, I must apologize for being silent for much longer than I would like. I've been busy with guests and having fun and working hard. I'll have a couple different posts throughout the weekend and early next week. I have a TON to catch you up on.

Some friends of mine from back home have been doing Jazzercise since moving back after college. There is a small number of gyms in my town and they get pretty crowded but at some of the elementary schools they teach Jazzercise, so a lot of women in my home town participate in this type of workout. My friends have been trying to get me to go with them forever! So when one of them was down for a week I agreed to go and try it with her. The first visit is free which is awesome! Most people don't know if they will enjoy any one kind of workout and it's always a deterrent to buy a membership if you don't know if you will enjoy it. Or at least it is for me. But I was really surprised at how much I liked it.

I consider myself to be quite uncoordinated and dancing is not my thing. So whenever they tried to explain Jazzercise to me I always said, "it's not for me. I wouldn't be good at it." Or something along those lines. I think I made up every excuse in the book.

To my surprise I actually liked Jazzercise. There were plenty of cardio songs and the "dance moves" were easily translated typical gym type exercises. We did lunges and punches, squats, sumo squats, and then towards the end there are abs and weights. I walked out sweating and begging for more water. 

The routines during each song are repetitive so they are easy to follow along. Only once did I stand there staring looking really confused trying to figure out exactly how I was supposed to do that. And then it was kind of comical. 

Another great thing about Jazzercise is once you join you can go to any class anywhere. So my friend that was traveling had no problem getting her workouts in while on vacation. That would be a major selling point for me since if I go on vacation I'm s.o.l. on getting a gym workout. I mean I can run or walk or sometimes even swim when I'm on vacation but weight training is out of the question. 

So here is the lesson! Don't be afraid to try a new type of workout, you never know if it will end up being something you really enjoy! And don't say you can't do something before you try it. You'll just be selling yourself short. 

Until next time! xo

Comments