Keep Them Wanting Fudge Frosting

Haha! Or at least I always want this frosting. I have gotten a couple requests for this recipe so it's about time I put it out there!




Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
9oz of chocolate chips (mini works the best but any will do)


I use semi sweet, but you could use any kind as well. And yes that is a giant bag of chocolate chips :) I like to buy in bulk because I have a tendency to forget about ingredients until it is too late.












In a sauce pan combine butter, whipping cream and sugar. Melt butter and heat to a boil. Place chocolate chips in a bowl with a lid. Pour hot liquid over chocolate chips and whisk until smooth. Place in the refrigerator for about an hour or until it is set.














Don't worry if you leave it too long (or overnight in many of my cases) just let it sit at room temp until it is a consistency you can use.

You can also put the icing in a piping bag and heat it with your hands to make it the consistency you can work with. Add a decorative tip and viola!


Hope your friends and family enjoy this as much as mine do!

Until next time! xo


Comments