Off The Beaten Path

"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood" -Robert Frost

Sometimes a wrong turn turns into a wonderful adventure. Friday morning did just that.


I was on my way to camp and running a little early. I also may have gotten confused and taken the wrong exit. At the top of the ramp I could choose to get back on the highway or visit Pisgah Covered Bridge. Well I had about an hour and half before I needed to be at camp and thought "What the heck, let's have an adventure!"

I'm not sure how I lived in Randolph County for two different summers and didn't know about this place, but I didn't and now I do and hopefully some of you will find this place.


Set right off the road, in the middle of no where is a hidden gym over a small creek. Many people have come over time and painted, scratched, etched, and inked their names and their loved ones names into the inside of this bridge. I loved reading what people wrote; from "____was here," to two peoples names inside huge heart with a date. Everytime I see something like that I wonder where they are now. Are they married with 2.3 kids, a dog, and a fenced in backyard? Are they planning their wedding? Is he plotting how to surprise her at dinner? Are they even still together? Do they remember the time they spent together at that once special place?



If it were warmer I would have tried to stay longer, and maybe even dipped my toes in the water that was gurgling and just calling for someone to step in. There were trails that were just itching to be explored. Hopefully I'll be able to get back there and actually do those things.





The point is sometimes the unplanned is the best plan. If I hadn't been confused, I would have never found this little gem! Don't let life get so routine that you can't take an adventure. Don't be afraid to be spontaneous. Don't let life just pass you by, take control of the wheel and don't be afraid of making a wrong turn in life; it could lead you on a very exciting adventure.






Until next time! xo

Comments